This Years Crop

>> Monday, October 20, 2008


It's the first year I've tried potatoes. While we didn't get a lot, it was majorly exciting and something we'll definitely do again. We did get lots of volunteer garlic but I didn't think of taking pictures and the same with the tomatoes and the green beans. I planted an entire package of chard and got three little plants, then the deer came along and ate most of that. I have a few leaves in the refrigerator but it seems hardly worth cooking for such a small bit of greens.  I probably should have gotten a picture of that pathetic little harvest.  Harvestette. Anyway, it's still fun and I love having a garden.  



2 comments:

Bridget October 20, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

There's nothing like eating food you've grown yourself. Is it me or does it taste so much sweeter?

stefndawniy October 20, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Hiya , well done on your gardening, fresh potatoes are soooo nice.
It was nice finding you in my comments tonight :-)