We Got To See the Yarn Harlot!

>> Monday, October 6, 2008


Precious Daughter 1 and I spent a lovely Saturday together, hanging out and going to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.  For those who haven't been introduced yet, please stop reading here and go immediately and find yourself delighted.  I've gone to see her on three book tours now and I can hardly wait for the fourth, and even though my shortest travel has been a quick three hour round trip and the longest was a 12 hour round trip, I consider it time well spent. 


Hanging out with my grown up daughters has got to be some of my most fun time ever. I had no idea I was going to enjoy my children this much! I'd love to quit everything and just play with them all day, every day.  They are such a blast!   Precious daughter 2 is coming over tonight to make lasagna with me (her idea!) and we'll have a nice dinner together.  This feels like the calm between storms while there are still struggles with other family members and their growing pains. I love how God can remind me that things will get better and I not only have a lovely now to enjoy, but I still have a future and a hope coming. 

You know. So I don't run for the hills after a rough day like today. 

3 comments:

Bridget October 7, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

What a lovely thought, when I've had a rough day maybe I'll think of the future when my children have grown and the fun we are going to have.

Susanne´s blogg October 8, 2008 at 3:01 AM  

Hi!
I use to do a lot of knitting both for my children and for myself. I dont know how many sweaters i have made for myself but i have no one left.It was many years ago.
/ Susanne

Grammy Staffy October 12, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

I love the way you talk about your daughters...Precious daughter ... that is so sweet.

I also love being with my precious girls.... aren't we blessed!