Event Planner Needed

>> Sunday, July 6, 2008

We are about to hit a very busy stretch--appointments, trip to the grandparents, horse camp, Vacation Bible School, baseball three evenings a week and a trip to visit friends (The Dearest), and then our anniversary getaway.

We usually forget about our anniversary so this year I'm trying to plan something special. I have no idea what or where yet, but something besides, "Oh! Hey, did you realize today was our anniversary?" "Sure enough! I thought we were going to try and remember this year." repeated year after year. A trip grocery shopping together would be an improvement over our usual "taking our trash to the dump" dates, so I don't have lofty goals. Still, suggestions would not be discouraged. I mean, I'm the Festive Mother who took the children on a day camping trip, ended up parking on the side of the road at a wide spot, afraid of the propane stove so that our roasted hot dogs and toasted marshmallows ended up being cold hot dogs and plain marshmallows out of the sack. Oh yeah! Let's get this party goin'! Woo Hoo. Three cheers for Mom. 

Yep. Suggestions wouldn't hurt.

5 comments:

educatingmummy July 7, 2008 at 6:09 AM  

Hi,I've just put my blog on here and finding my way around.
We are a home school family of 6 from the UK.
I'd definitely agree that God has a sense of humour!!

Feel free to visit,real life,life blogger. Have a reat week.

Bridget July 8, 2008 at 3:50 AM  

Hope you have a lovely anniversary whatever you do

stefndawniy July 9, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

nice to meet you :-) my word you sound full of life and bubbles :)

Grammy Staffy July 10, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

I know of a little bed and breakfast in SoCal called Staffy's Spa. I can even make you heart shaped pancakes or waffles. Come on over....Let me pamper you.

Cute post.... My hubby likes to count our Sat. night trip to the grocery store as our weekly date.... not quite what I have in mind but it works if we get an ice cream afterwards I guess.

Good luck on your anniversary plans.

The Counter Top Blog September 4, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

I am a wedding/event planner who would love to plan you event. Please email me at lotsofloveinc@gmail.com