Magic Wands

>> Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm a firm believer in the Magic Wand.  I don't really care if it is Fictional, Fantasy or Fir. It could be poplar, beech, bent or broken.  Many times my Magic Wand is a book. I want sense made out of my situation. I want things Fixed. I want things to Work. So really, not to scare some people off by my term "Magic Wand"--anything that helps me is my Magic Wand.  I've had Magic Wand typing programs (Mavis Beacon), Magic Wand cooking helps (Leanne Ely's Saving Dinner and my pressure cooker), Magic Wand Bible Studies (anything by Beth Moore), and, for me, the most elusive Magic Wands would be those for child training. I have an entire collection of Wands for that. Effective Parenting with Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, Mike and Debi Pearl (No Greater Joy) have all been--and continue to be--treasured Wands.   But my newest and most delightful Wand has got to be Reb and Beverly Bradley. Listening to Reb Bradley at the Homeschool Seminar this last week was just what I needed to hear. He spoke God's Wisdom and Goodness to me.  He was talking about Blind Spots in our child rearing and how to overcome that--it was like he spend weeks at my house and gave me his solutions, only in a public setting. Beverly's tapes on our children learning to love each other was one of the best things I have ever heard in my entire life. She took my favorite verse in the Bible--Zephaniah 3:17 and exploded and expanded it until I felt I couldn't take another molecule of God's delight. Awesome.  I'm adding their ministry link on my sidebar and I'm going to see if they will just move next door so I can listen to them every day.  


1 comments:

Grammy Staffy July 2, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

I'm so glad that you have so many magic wands in your life....It is even better that you recognize them.
I also have many magic wands in my life. Aren't we blessed!