Seriously, Folk...

>> Monday, August 11, 2008

I have posted less and less lately as I have so many pictures of our projects, horse camp, etc. but they TAKE SO LONG to load and lots of times I can't hang around that long. I'm talking twenty minutes for each picture, if they load at all.  I loaded one picture of the quilt pieces blasting fast--in about 5 *minutes*, put the next one to upload and since it went on top of the first picture instead of below, I had to dump the entire two pictures uploaded and start over. That was last night and I'm still waiting for the first picture to finish. 

If anyone knows of a way to do this better, I'd love to hear it.
Cause I've got some pictures I'd love to post.

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy August 11, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

You can load 4 or 5 pictures at the same time. I just learned that I could do that and it saves me a lot of time. After you browse and select the first picture to upload click the "add another image" above the browse bar and you can add more pictures..up to 5... and they upload about as fast as one does.

If you have lots a pictures the fastest way to post them is put them in a slide show. You can go to slideshow.com and pick one or click on a slideshow from my or another blog. It is very fast to put all of your pictures into the slideshow. Then you just copy the code they give you into the edit html box and publish it.

I hope that helps. Good luck

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com August 19, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

Karen,
If you have an image editing program, make your photos smaller by shrinking them down to 400 x 600 pixels or something close. They are taking so long to load because the files are huge. :)

Also, the images can be moved around in the post by taking the cursor and placing it on the one you want moved and dragging it down.