I had a Great Birthday

>> Friday, November 7, 2008


Yesterday I stayed up and partied with all my family late into the night (french vanilla tea being our beverage of choice) and only got a few hours sleep. I'm so exhausted, but it has been such a wonderful couple of days. My dad commented how wonderful it was to see how considerate all the children have become. And just like that, without realizing it, he gave me the best gift--that gift of encouragement I need so badly some days. Thank you, Dad. Thank you, Lord!

My sweet daughters took me out to lunch today (Chinese!) and gave me lovely gifts.

 Precious Daughter 1 (Andrea Delight) handpainted some yarn (see pictures and the story of how she did it here) and gave me needles and a pattern so I could make a pair of socks. I am so delighted and can hardly wait to get past the stupid gauge test, which we all know is The Funsucker of Knitting.  Really, wasting 4 inches of knitting time just so you can see how far off you are going to be when it is finished is totally pointless to non planners such as myself.  Let's just get on with making the more serious errors right from the start, okay?  

Precious Daughter 2 (Kimberly Joy) gave me the sweetest smelling candles and lovely holder. I'm such a pushover for the nice smelly stuff and it was just what I need around this time of year. I can hardly wait to use them tomorrow as it is supposed to rain. So perfect!

And my youngest blessing, Precious Daughter 3, (JaimeSweetie) embroidered a beautiful freehand "Happy Birthday, Mom", complete with lovely rosebuds on it! She is getting so clever and crafty as well as being very thoughtful.  It was a lovely day and I am such a blessed mom!




Happy Birthday, everyone!

5 comments:

stefndawniy November 9, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

awww how lovely , and the crafty delights could go on our crafty blog :-)

it's so nice to see you all , are you on that pic?or are you behind the camera ?

happy birthday , hugs xx

Nicole November 9, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

Happy Birthday! Those are lovely sounding gifts. Yes, which lovely lady are you in the picture?

Blessings on your 29th! (again? ;) )

-Nicole

OhLookADuck November 9, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

I could hardly find the link to post! I'll fix that tomorrow. Thanks for being so patient.

Kimberly's sweet Honeyhusband took the picture. I'm on the right with my arm around the neck of my 13 year old son.

It's amazing that suddenly we are all almost the same height now. They are all growing up!

Susanne´s blogg November 10, 2008 at 1:09 AM  

Happy Birthday Karen!
How young did you say you were?
Love the family picture.
/ Susanne

Anonymous November 12, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

I can't believe how much you all have grown since I last saw you! Beautiful picture! Anyways, I hope you and the family are doing well, give them all a big hug from me, and tell them I said hi=)

//Ellinor