Forgotten But Not Gone

>> Monday, December 8, 2008

I have no idea what I've been doing the last few weeks. One thing I do know is that I spent some time enjoying looking at some other fantastic blogs and I've gotten so inspired for decorating things and making things I almost can't wait to start the next day.  There is a world of loveliness out there, and my goodness--the talent! It's absolutely amazing.  It's also just the slightest bit intimidating to come back to my blog, see all the lovely colors and sit and love how Dawniy worked it, then realize that I'm still responsible for the content. I can't make up these beautiful crafty things like those other blogs. I'm still the one with her head in the clouds and feet in the manure.  


I have some buttons on the side for neat places I've been visiting. I fully intend to make a glorious garland per The Nester's wonderful directions (photos to follow if I actually end up doing it) and we've been planning on lots of crafts--candlemaking, putting various mixes in jars for Christmas giving and doing some knitting. Three of us are started in on our knitting , with one teetering on the brink and the last one saying he wants to do some "mitting" also. I'll definitely have to put some pictures up of those. 

One of our favorite crafts has been the Hearts and Trees kits. We got the summer one first and it was a great lapbook experience so we got the fall one and now with this winter one I think I'm going to have to get two.  They are so much fun and very educational and we look forward to the next ones coming out.

There was a cold going around our family and I finally got it. It was a mild thing, very quick moving, but I lost my voice again for a few days (as usual) and there were many people who cheered that one. Isn't it nice to be loved? Hello? Hello?!  You look at me when I'm whispering to you!!  Being totally ignored can have its humbling side. Without me giving advice and direction, things still seemed to go on just fine, even if it wasn't how I thought it should be done, in timing or in quality. It's good for me to lose my voice from time to time. Frustrating to the max, but good for me. 

And now, something more serious. There are some people I know and have come to really like who are looking for the peace and security that only God can give, and I so want to share that with them without the things I say sounding so cliche.  I hate simply recommending books because it seems like a punt, but others can say things so much clearer than I can.  Anyway, I'm praying that God's love will totally surround those so loved by Him, yet who don't know it yet. They are heavy on my heart right now and I'd appreciate any prayers on their behalf.   Thank you so much.

Back tomorrow with pictures. 


3 comments:

Bridget December 9, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Glad you're feeling better. I thought only England had the bug!! We've sent it to you via the internet!!

OhLookADuck December 9, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

I was afraid of that, Bridget!

Yesterday I had a voice back, today it's totally gone again. Okay, now who's responsible for this? Because my children are surprisingly blind when I have no voice...;-)

Nicole December 10, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

Karen, I think your blog is great and I'd love to see you do what I do, which is just take pictures of whatever it is you're doing and post them. who cares if it looks just like someone else's? The point is to chronicle your journey ,which is just as exciting and special and inspiring as anyone else's. I am totally with you, trying to work at coming down out of te clouds of just observing others do homemaking and do it myself. It's tough when the rubber meets the road but also so rewarding. I find when I actually try things I have more creativity and ability than I thought, and I know the Lord meets me when I make an effort and blesses my endevours. I'll be posting my Christmas decorations this weekend, and I'm excited to do so because it's my first year really decorating my home other than the tree and a few candles. I'm no pro but i'm excited because it's MY journey and I want to see YOUR stuff, too! Looking forward to those pictures!

-Nicole