Before and After is Getting Serious!

>> Saturday, June 21, 2008

I've gone down and gotten the backing and batting for the quilt. I thought piecing the front together was the hard work. Choosing fabric with a 15 year old boy made the sewing part seem like a vacation. Er, will make the sewing part seem like a vacation. I might be getting ahead of myself. Nevertheless, the point was that choosing the material with another person not of your same kind, was difficult.


Anyway, I kept choosing the most gorgeous materials and he kept vetoing said gorgeous choices. We finally ended up with bears and forests. 

And now the work begins in earnest. Or, we'll just talk about it some more. That's always easier and you don't have to worry about the tension. 

Pictures will be posted soon. 

3 comments:

Grammy Staffy June 21, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Good for you. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Are you going to tie it when you get the backing on? I wish that I were there to help you. Happy sewing

Anonymous June 21, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Is this the denim squares quilt? Does this mean that instead of bandana fabric latticed between the squares, it'll be bears and forests? Whatever it is, I hope it makes him happy and doesn't drive you insane working on it.

Love you lots and lots.

Anonymous June 22, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

Now that I've stumbled from Yarnharlot's to here and read your entire blog cover to cover, I just want to say, you're very funny and I have so bookmarked you!

Waving hi from over here, halfway between San Fran and San Joe's-ee.