Before and After

>> Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Boomama has a great idea for motivating us to get some long put off projects finished. She is having a Before and After link so that we can show what we have accomplished by July 25th. I have so many projects I don't know what I'm choosing yet, but I'll definitely be doing something. Maybe Tristan's quilt. That's only been in process for 10-12 years. 


Okay. Here it is:

1) Finish Tristan's quilt
2) Weed garden beds
3) (because I'm nothing if not out of touch)  Lose 10 pounds.  I can make it work with the HGTV thing because I live in my Home. I walk in my Garden, and I don't have TV. Losing weight would totally work within the parameters.  

Oh, wait. Pictures before and after. Ten pounds won't show a thing. Plus I would have to post a picture of myself.  

Okay, I've got it.  I'll leave it and if I decide not to post pictures I'll pretend to have forgotten. I'm so smart I just kill myself. 

Anyway, here's to one more finished project. Or three.  

7 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} June 17, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

I've been trying to weed my own garden beds, and discovered this today that it is just too much to do on one 90-something-degree day!

Jenni at talking hairdryer June 18, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

I need to weed my front beds, too. Good luck with your list. I'd love to see the quilt when it's done.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days June 18, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

I've been ignoring the weeds in my gardens. Sigh... guess I need to deal with them at some point.

Grammy Staffy June 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Your post makes me smile. I so relate. I have so many projects that I need to do like cleaning out my closets, but I'm not sure I want the web to see the mess that they are in now. Maybe I can forget the before picture too.

Thanks for the nice comment you made on my blog. I hope that you will stop by again. I appreciate hearing from you.

Have a good day....oh...do we have to start our before and after today? It is really hot and the pool in calling me. HeeHee

The Momster June 20, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

We've been talking about re-doing the front yard - it needs some serious TLC. Enjoyed your list - best of luck!

Anonymous June 21, 2008 at 1:16 AM  

Jamie, I am *so* with you in the heat. It has been in the low 90's here so I only weed in the late evenings when it cools down. Uh, that doesn't exactly explain why I didn't get the weeding done in the spring...but let me think on it a while and I'm sure I'll come up with something. :-) I really love weeding and gardening, it's just I forget there is an outside world when I'm inside, and once I go outside I forget there is anything going on inside!

Jenni and Katrina, I think we should all take my sister's advice--if the weeds have flowers (clover, dandelions) they are immediately considered flowers and are left alone. Really cuts down the yard work.

Grammy Staffy, do you do the FlyLady thing of 15 minutes at a time? Huge projects can be handled with babysteps! Unbelievable what 15 minutes can do. On the other hand, it only takes about 3 seconds to change weeds to flowers in my sister's world. Wonder what her words of wisdom would be for closets?

Momster, I saw from your blog you like Maeve Binchy books also! I love getting them on audio and listening to that lovely Irish accent. And Rob Thomas. We watch Meet the Robinson's on a regular (daily sometimes) basis and he sings Little Wonders for that. He's great, and my older children love Matchbox 20. Good luck with your front yard. Remember my sister...

The Momster June 21, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

I just had to post since you mentioned Maeve Binchy - I listened to a great number of her books my last semester of driving to school - it was an hour each way. I think I nearly made the local library work overtime with all my special requests :) I love the accents almost as much as the stories...wonderful.