Evidence of Things in a "Before" State

>> Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Here is the quilt mess.  There are squares already cut out, the strips of handkerchief material partly cut out, the batting, the backings preshrunk and waiting for whatever is going to happen to it, and jeans ready to cut more squares if I need them.  It is a huge project and I think I'll go to the library and pretend I don't have this mess on my floor.  Making a mess is enough for one day.  Well, that and the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing here.  That in itself is nothing new, but sometimes it makes me queasier than others.

                            The double rainbow that preceeded the storm that caused all the fires.

                                                        The Front Entrance.  (Of Shame)

This is my embarrassingly weedy and unkempt bed. One of many. But it's the first one I'm tackling and I'm making some headway. I need to transplant some daylilies to balance things out and I want to mulch to keep from having to weed so much. 

I don't have a real good idea of how to make the quilt top and bottom match up in size yet, but I think that means I need to mess with the jeans top first.  And don't you just know that God planned it that way!  Sort of an "eat your vegetables before you get dessert" type thing. Not that the back is going to be a piece of cake, but well, putting off the jeans top for 10 years definitely feels like scooting the peas around on the plate hoping they disappear.  

Anyway, there are the projects and now it is up to me to find a way to continue to avoid doing them while still pretending to myself I'm making progress. No! I meant something completely different and totally responsible and full of Legacy and whatnot.  Really. It's going to happen.

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy June 25, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

I know what you mean. I don't think that it is fair that the post often does not look the same after we publish it. It is tricking us. I have not idea how to fix it. If someone else does, let me know too.

I'm amazed at all the hard projects you are working on. Good for you and Good Luck! My daughter made a jeans quilt for my son and his family. It turned out great. I bet that you will love it when it is done.

Again good luck but don't work too hard.

Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Blogger has kind of squished columns. I don't like it either, but I center my pictures instead of trying to do writing on the side. That way I see it exactly how it ends up posting. You could also try uploading the pictures as "small" and see if that gives you more room for the writing.

Love the pictures, though! The rainbow is just beautiful.